During the first few weeks of term we assess all our students. This is so we can identify any areas where you may need extra help with your studies.

Here at Barnfield College we have a wide range of support available including:

  • Classroom support
  • Specialist 1:1 support
  • British Sign Language Communicators
  • Teachers of the Deaf
  • Examination arrangements
  • Adaptive materials and specialist equipment

Higher Education

Higher Education students, must apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) to receive funded support during their course. You can find out about DSA and how to apply here.


Supporting you at
West Herts College.

Be it in class, during exams or a little help outside of your lessons, our learning support teams will help you reach your goals. Find a course and we’ll provide the tools you need to go far.


Get in touch

If you currently have in class support or exam arrangements please let us know as soon as possible so we can put the right support in place to help you succeed.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.