This VRQ offers an ideal step to the Vocational Competence Qualification (VCQ) for those who are employed, and wish to continue with their studies, as the knowledge at Level 3 meets that of the related VCQ. This qualification is designed to provide a standardised approach for the delivery and assessment of the knowledge and skills requirements. This VRQ also provides the knowledge requirements for its related VCQ and forms the knowledge component of the IMI SSC Maintenance and Repair Advanced Apprenticeship framework (for Heavy Vehicle).
Achievers of this VRQ can use it as credit against the knowledge required for the corresponding VCQ.
You will learn:
• Health, safety and good housekeeping in the Automotive environment
• Supporting job roles in the Automotive environment
• Materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the Automotive environment
• Diagnosing and rectifying vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
• Diagnosing and rectifying heavy vehicle engine faults
• Diagnosing and rectifying heavy vehicle chassis system faults
• Diagnosis and rectification of heavy vehicle transmission and driveline faults
• Inspecting heavy vehicles using prescribed methods
This course is suitable for school leavers aged 16-18, if you're older than this please contact our admissions team on 01582 569569 to discuss more suitable options or browse our part-time courses on our website.
As a student at Barnfield College, you’ll benefit from professional links with the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) as well as major employers so you’ll be in the know regarding current industry changes.