Get creative in the kitchen and build on your skills to make really great food. This course is designed for students who have progressed from a Level 1 Professional Cookery course or have previous catering experience with a want to hone their catering skills in both the restaurant and the kitchen.
You will also complete a Level 2 Award in Professional Food and Beverage Service Skills within this course. With these two qualification you will develop your practical abilities while exploring current food trends from around the world.
What you will study
• Health and safety practices in a professional environment
• Employability skills including cover letter & CV writing
• Preparing, cooking and serving meats, poultry and seafood products
• Prepare and baking cakes, biscuits and sponges, including sweet bakery items and hot and cold desserts
• Special diets and food allergies
• Banquets and buffets service
• Fine dining service, including silver service
• Menu planning and events management