Take your first step into a growing industry that will satisfy your ambition and challenge your artistic side. On this exciting course, you’ll be involved with the creative world of hairdressing. You'll explore a broad range of areas, with a strong emphasis on allowing you to develop practical skills recognised by employers. On offer here is a broad introduction to the worlds of hairstyling and beauty therapy.
Subject areas include:
• Shampooing and conditioning hair - develop the skill of shampooing and conditioning hair using a variety of products and massage techniques
• Blow drying and setting - develop the skill of blow drying, finger drying and finishing techniques on a variety of hair types and lengths
• Plaiting and braiding - learn how to provide on the scalp and off the scalp plaits
• Temporary colouring - gain the knowledge and artistic skill of using temporary hair colour to create an effect
• Applying basic make-up - develop creative design skills for basic make-up
• Nail art and skin care - learn how to prepare for and provide, basic skin care treatments under supervision and communicate with clients to provide 2D nail art designs