You will follow a Study Programme that will include substantial practical workshop practice, theory sessions, English and mathematics lessons and Work Experience with carpentry professionals or community construction projects. The Study Programme will develop your carpentry and employability skills and enable you to progress onto a higher level carpentry course or an apprenticeship.
When you study for your Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery, you will learn about how the construction industry works as a team by studying the following:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Technical information, quantities and communication
- Knowledge of construction technology
In our outstanding workshop facilities, you will also learn the following practical skills:
- Producing woodworking joints
- Maintaining and using carpentry and joinery hand and power tools.
You will learn how to produce different types of carpentry joints, make a scaled doorframe and a door and have the opportunity to make a project of your choice (e.g. bedside cabinet, child’s balance bike).