Independent and Impartial Careers Guidance
We understand that your time at Barnfield College is a small part of your journey in your bright future and we want to support you as much as we can. We’re focused on your career as much as you and are committed to high-quality careers education, advice and guidance.
Whether you are a current learner, considering joining Barnfield or a past student, our award-winning Students Services team will provide you with free, independent and impartial careers guidance, to help you explore your options and choose the career path that’s right for you.
We invite professionally qualified careers advisers from Luton Youth Services and the National Careers Service contracted holders Futures Advice, Skills and Employment. Supported by our own qualified Careers Adviser, the services and support on offer include:
• Individual 1-2-1 appointments
• Support to help you chose the right course and match them to your careers aims
• Careers Workshops
• Guidance on all education, employment and volunteering opportunities
• CV advice and Interview skills
• Job search for part-time and full time jobs, volunteering and apprenticeships
• Up-to-date Labour Market Information to make sure you are making an informed choice
• Careers resources including personal statement tips
• Careers fairs with opportunities to meet employers and alternative Higher Education providers
As a Barnfield College student, you will also have on-programme support to assist your journey to your desired employment goal. Through a programme of careers education, you will develop essential lifelong knowledge and skills to make successful choices, manage transitions in learning and move into work or Higher Education.
This is delivered primarily through your core programme and tutorials, covering topics on self-development, career exploration and career management. You are helped to develop the skills necessary to succeed in work, be realistic (but ambitious) about personal capabilities and aspirations and make informed decisions about future career choices.
Our advisors are available all year round Monday to Thursday 8:00am – 4:00pm and Friday 8:00am – 3:00pm.
If you would like to speak to a Careers Advisor or book a 1 to 1 appointment, please either email email@example.com or call on 01582 569569 and ask Reception to put you through to the Careers Advisor. Please note Parents and Guardians are welcome to attend.
Our Careers Lead is Beth Taylor – Assistant Director of Learners
Our Careers Advisor is Safia Butt