Barnfield Nursery is an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ nursery providing a quality, caring learning environment for children aged 0-5, and is open to the children of students, staff and the general public.
Barnfield Nursery ethos
- Meet the needs of children, parents, staff, the college and the community
- Provide a high-quality, child-centred approach to learning, supporting each child to make active choices about their own learning
- Give each child opportunities to encounter and explore challenges at stages appropriate to their development
- Enable each child to develop positive self-image and self-confidence
- Operate a key worker system which supports each child and their parents and family
- Work in partnership with parents and carers to provide the best possible early years experience for each child, valuing parents as a child’s primary educators
- Encourage parents to be as fully involved in the nursery as they want to be
- Put in place policies that actively promote and support equal opportunities
- Ensure our staff receive up-to-date training and can maintain high standards of child care
- Be open to new ideas and ways of developing our provision
- Offer information and support to parents in the most useful format for them
Starting nursery can be daunting for both children and parents – that’s why we provide an induction and settling in package tailored to each child’s individual needs, and all the information you need as a parent about the nursery. As well as introducing you to your child’s key worker, we’ll provide a welcome pack including pictures of our staff that you can use at home to familiarise your child with the nursery before they arrive. We’ll then arrange some settling in sessions prior to your child’s start date to make sure the transition is as smooth as possible.
We are open from 08:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday. We close on bank holidays, and for one week between Christmas and New Year. As we are open through half terms and end-of-term holidays, we also offer a Holiday Club for children aged 5+. Please contact us for details and to reserve a place.
Government funding is available for children aged 2-4, with additional support depending on your financial circumstances. If you are a parent and wish to start or continue a course at Barnfield College, financial support may be available. Student Services can help you find out if you might be eligible – give us a ring on 01582 569 569.
We are based at Barnfield College’s New Bedford Road campus. You can call us on 01582 569 614 or drop us an email.