It provides an opportunity for those who have an interest in media to explore, develop and test their creativity within a qualification structure which is stimulating and demanding and provides a supportive transition from general to
more specialised study.
The qualification will enable students to:
– Have a critical and contextual awareness of different perspectives and approaches within the media sector or related subjects of study or work
– Research, analyse and evaluate relevant information and ideas in order to develop creative solutions
– Understand, adapt and safely use appropriate and practical methods and skills for creative production
– Solve complex problems through the application of practical, theoretical and technical understanding
– Critically review the effectiveness and appropriateness of methods, actions and results
– Use evaluative and reflective skills in order to take responsibility for own learning, development and decision- making
– Take responsibility for the research, planning, time management and actions to access progression opportunities
– Effectively present themselves and their work to appropriate audiences.