This course enables you to try your hand at a variety of different construction and building tasks, ranging from carpentry to bricklaying and plastering. Get a feel for the direction you want your career to take.
Along with your construction element, the programme will support in developing your English and maths skills and give opportunity to gain some work experience in one area of construction. The course consists of 13 units of knowledge and practical delivery. Practical workshops are designed to give you simulated activities, developing hand skills, and these are assessed as you progress through your qualification. Your knowledge is assessed on completion of individual units by way of online assessment.
You will learn:
• Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
• Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
• Knowledge of construction technology
• Constructing wood working joints
• Fit architrave & skirting
• Fit ironmongery to an internal door
• Plaster walls
• Tile walls
• Develop customer relationships