This course builds on the experience of the HNC in Art & Design, with a focus on development of your individual creative identity through both specialist and multidisciplinary studies.
You will work on live briefs, competitions and gain experience of being a freelance practitioner.
You will develop the necessary skills and knowledge to gain employment or entry to the final year of a Bachelor’s degree. The course culminates in you compiling your portfolio and presenting an exhibition of your work. You will have the opportunity to attend regular trips and visits to design studios, galleries and museums as well as an overseas trip.
Areas of Study include:
• Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
• Critical Study in Art and Design
• Personal and Professional Development
• Work-based experience
• Art, Design and Media Practice within the Digital Environment
• Drawing Techniques and Processes in Art & Design
• Exhibition of Art Work
• Specialist Textiles Techniques and Processes (optional)
• Jewellery, Accessories and Body Adornment (optional)
• Light Metals in Art & Design (optional)
• Lens-Based Recording Techniques (optional)
• Fine Art Painting (optional)
• Fine Art Printmaking (optional)
• Fine Art Sculpture (optional)
• Fine Art Ceramics (optional)
• Site Specific Fine Art (optional)
• Drawing in Fine Art (optional)”