The Level 2 Diploma in Bench Joinery qualification has been developed for delivery in a training environment; this means that you do not need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding so you can work in Bench Joinery in the construction industry or progress to further training.
The learner will cover knowledge in three core subject areas:
– Health, safety and welfare
– Information, quantities and communication
– Construction Technology
The Learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
– Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
– Set up and operate cutting and shaping machinery
– Produce setting out details for routine joinery products
– Mark out from setting out details for routine joinery products
– Manufacture routine joinery products
These units are split into knowledge & practical delivery. Practical workshops are designed to give you simulated activities developing hand skills and these are assessed as you progress through your qualification. Your Knowledge is assessed on completion of individual units by way of online assessment.