Independent and Impartial Careers Guidance
We’re focused on your career as much as you and are committed to high-quality careers education, advice and guidance. Whether you are a current learner or considering joining Barnfield, our award-winning Students Services team you will provide you with free, independent and impartial careers guidance, to help you explore your options and choose the career path that’s right for you.
We invite professionally qualified careers advisers from Luton Youth Services and the National Careers Service contracted holders Futures Advice, Skills and Employment. Supported by our own qualified Careers Adviser, the services on offer include:
- Individual 1-2-1 interviews
- Support to help you chose the right course and match them to your careers aims
- Guidance on all education, employment, apprenticeships and volunteering opportunities
- CV advice and Interview skills
- Job search for part-time and full time jobs, volunteering and internships
- Up-to-date Labour Market Information
As a Barnfield College student, you will also have on-programme support to assist your journey to your desired employment goal. Through a programme of careers education, you will develop essential lifelong knowledge and skills to make successful choices, manage transitions in learning and move into work. This is delivered primarily through your core programme and tutorials, covering topics on self-development, career exploration and career management. You are helped to develop the skills necessary to succeed in work, be realistic (but ambitious) about personal capabilities and aspirations and make informed decisions about future career choices.