With social and study spaces, exciting activities, sports facilities and more, life on campus just became a whole lot more exciting!
The Student Hub
Each campus is home to a Student Hub, which is a safe and engaging space for you to socialise with your friends in. Throughout the year, there are different activities and awareness campaigns, providing you with information about independent living, how to keep yourself safe, knowing your individual rights and preparing you for the future.
Every Wednesday afternoon is dedicated to enrichment activities such as arts, life skills, sports and debate projects as well as the famous ‘Hot Seat with the Principal’ – so the Hub really is the place to be.
Sport and Recreation
Barnfield College and Sport England have joined forces and appointed a Sports Maker, responsible for ensuring our students have a stimulating range of sports activities to get involved in. All activities are delivered and supported by fully qualified coaches and activity volunteers.
The College also has top sporting facilities, including large playing fields, indoors sports hall, a fitness and dance studio and a purpose-built gym with cardio and fixed weight machines as well as free weights.
A quiet room is available at both campuses, and open to all students irrespective of faith or belief, as a space for prayer, quiet contemplation and meditation.
Learning Resources Centres
Both our campuses are have a Learning Resources Centre (LRC), each boasting a wide range of electronic and hardcopy material to help you get the best out of your studies, and prepare you for your next steps.
- Open until 7pm, there evenings a week for those times when you need a comfortable and quiets pace to concentrate and study
- Use one of many PCS ad laptops equipped with the latest software
- 24/7 access to our electronic resources from the comfort of your home
- Wide collection of books to use in the library and borrow to take home
- Access to specialist e-books, websites and e-journals to excel in your subject
New for September 2017! Keep in touch with our BCConnect app
Barnfield has a free App that allows you to stay up to date with events, college activities as well as communicating with your personal tutors, lecturers and other students (with your permission).
How to get BCConnect:
- Go to your App store (ios or Android)
- Search for Barnfield College Connect and download
- Once installed, login using your college login details
Or access via www.wameducation.com and choose Barnfield College.